SNEWS® and Backpacker magazine want to recognize celebrate outdoor specialty retailers with our 2010 Retailer of the Year award. We're even throwing a party for the winning stores, and your customers and staff are all invited! All you have to do is be sure your store gets nominated today! The more nominations the merrier and yes, great stories about how wonderful your store is from your customers DO carry great weight with the judging panel. But you better get busy as there are only five days left before the nominations close.
It's true, the deadline for nomination forms to be received is Sept. 1, 2009. We already have hundreds of nominations. If your store is not among them, you are missing out.
Of course you think your store is worthy. Bet your customers love you too. But remember, no one wins unless they are nominated, so get busy today by having your staff, your customers, your reps, anyone you can think of nominate you at www.snewsnet.com/roty. There is NO limit on the number of nominations a store can receive -- the more the merrier.
One retailer will be awarded the title “Retailer of the Year,” and six others will be honored as best-in-class in each of the following categories:
- Sustainable Business
- Youth Involvement
- Growth of Outdoor Sports
- Best Online Retailer
In all categories, winning retailers must display exemplary efforts in customer loyalty and service, employee training and retention, as well as demonstrate excellent merchandising skills.
Retailer of the Year winners will be announced at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2010 during a special ceremony, and each winner will receive a plaque suitable for public display in a store so winners can promote their accomplishment. Click here to read the SNEWS story highlighting the 2009 Retailer of the Year award winners.
In addition, each retailer will receive:
- A store profile in a Retailer of the Year Showcase on SNEWSnet.com.
- Prominent mention in a Retailer of the Year feature in Backpacker's Gear Guide.
- A copy of a special PDF business journal featuring profiles of each of the winners, emailed to all SNEWS subscribers and suitable for distributing to retail customers honoring the achievements.
- A digital image of the SNEWS/Backpacker Retailer of the Year logo suitable for use as a window decal, award recognition on all letterhead, brochures and other store publications, and display on a website.
- A customer-appreciation party in your store.
An aggressive national and regional public relations campaign will accompany the formal announcement of winners, highlighting the significance of the recognition to radio and TV stations, newspapers, magazines, online blogs and key trade publications.
Entry Deadline: Sept. 1, 2009
Nominate your favorite retailer today.… Heck, nominate yourself if you think you’re worthy. Just click on the submit button below: