Summer is coming—and so are your customers. The wise retailer is prepping on all fronts. One of the MOST CRUCIAL (and expensive!) areas of preparation is in staffing.
Having the right staff—fully trained and ready to go—in time for your increased traffic is one of the smartest decisions you can make right now. But doing it RIGHT is an even smarter decision.
- Do you know how much money it COSTS you when you make a bad hiring decision? How can you avoid making hiring mistakes?
- Who are the ideal types of people to hire for the positions you need?
- Where are they and how can I find them?
- How can I convince them to join our team—even though I may be paying less than they can earn elsewhere?
The selection process is where the “rubber meets the road”. You must be a skillful interviewer in order to select the best team from among those that apply for the job as well as be familiar with any necessary the legal issues before you start.
Staffing for Summer: Hire Wisely, No Regrets will address:
- Who are Your Target Candidates?
- Recruiting Techniques
- How to Review the Application
- Job Posting Ads
- A Successful Hiring Process
- Interview Techniques and Questions
- Legal Issues/Employment Law
Outdoor University, an affiliate of the SNEWS Retail College, offers free programs to all OIA members and SNEWS Retail College subscribers and $99 otherwise. To view the recorded Turning Shoppers into Buyers Webinar, please click here.