In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Katadyn North America is announcing a recall of the following products:
- Optimus Nova Multifuel Stove (Art. No. 8016276)
- Optimus Nova+ Multifuel Stove (Art. No. 8016277)
- Optimus Pump for Nova and Nova+ (Art. No. 8017904)
- Optimus Nova and Nova+ Spare Parts Kit Light (Art. No. 8016305 and 8520)
- Optimus Nova and Nova+ Repair Kit (Art. No. 8017632 and 8511)
There is a chance that one of the above named stove parts has a damaged fuel line or 0-ring that could cause a fuel leak. While there have been no injuries or fires, we will repair or replace fuel lines, pumps and o rings so that all Optimus stoves perform at the highest level possible.
The recalled Multifuel Stoves have a black burner housing and a QA No. between QA000011 and QA007313. The recalled stoves and pumps were sold at outdoor and sporting goods retailers and on the Internet between January 2009 and September 2010.
Owners of such stoves, pumps and kits are asked to immediately stop using these products and contact Katadyn North America for repair or replacement.
Contact Katadyn Customer Service, toll-free at 800-755-6701(press extension #3) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday. Consumers may also submit a claim and see additional information on the recall on the special website, www.optimusstoves.com/usen/.