A new digital publication, “Make the Move,” paves the way for companies and individuals to participate in the first national plan to improve Americans’ physical fitness.
The National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity (NCPPA) launched “Make the Move” to serve as an online guide to participating in the first U.S. Physical Activity Plan. (Click here to see.)
As SNEWS® reported in May, the Physical Activity Plan enlists the public and private sectors to work together on a roadmap for change in policy, programs and community initiatives. (Click here to read the SNEWS story, “National Physical Activity Plan poised as long-term solution: You can be a part.”)
The Make the Move publication targets organizations and individuals who would like to get involved and includes plan objectives, resources for getting onboard, as well as tools to spread the word about the plan.
The digital publication, which is powered by Nxtbook Media LLC (www.nxtbookmedia.com), allows readers to navigate the document easily and pass on the information quickly. It allows readers to:
- Turn pages with the click of a mouse.
- View pages in a variety of sizes and formats.
- Access resources and websites through live embedded hyperlinks.
- Quickly locate what you are looking for through a “word search” feature.
- Save material for future reference through the “bookmark” and sticky note features.
- Forward pages or the entire publication to colleagues.
- Share information through Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
- Print the entire publication.
To learn more about the Physical Activity Plan, click here to visit the NCPPA website. Once you reach the site, click the “Get Involved” button to receive regular updates on the progress of the plan.