Welcome to SNEWS’ Boost Your Sales: Footwear course, which is part of our new Retail College series aimed at educating retail employees on the latest gear tech and most proven sales techniques. Whether you’re a seasoned vet looking to bone up on the newest materials and features or brand new to world of outdoor retail, this course will set you on the path to selling more footwear.
We know that you have other training tools at your disposal, but what’s unique about our courses is that they’re designed for retailers and taught by retailers. For this one, we’ve partnered with Boulder, Colorado-based Neptune Mountaineering to create a robust footwear training resource that will provide you with a knowledge platform to boost sales and enhance the customer experience in your store.
Here's a taste of what you'll learn:
- How to do your "homework" to understand the boots you carry
- How to organize your back stock system and your footwear wall
- How to assess each customer
- How to deal with difficult customers
- A solid foundation in fitting
- How to properly measure customers
- Boot lingo
- A complete guide of today's boot materials
- Everything you need to know about boot features and benefits
- How to close the sale
You’ll come away from this course with actionable tips and tricks that you can start implementing immediately in your store’s footwear department.