Pagosa Springs, Colo. VOORMI®, a new to the scene innovator of domestically sourced precision blended wool, today unveiled the long awaited details of their High-E performance mid-layer collection set to hit retail this fall.
“Building the High-E series has been an absolute rewarding journey for the team,” noted Dustin English, managing director of VOORMI and Alaska Mountaineering School (AMS) guide. “Its been amazing to watch what started two years ago as a crazy idea cooked up at 20,000 ft. evolve into a full-on quiver of essential backcountry gear.”
Serving as both catalyst and cornerstone for the brand, the High-E Series expounds upon the unique benefits of performance wool. Constructed with VOORMI’s proprietary Surface Hardened Thermal Wool, the already tough 21.5-micron wool is made uniquely more abrasion resistant by an array of outer surface facing performance fibers and a durable water repellent (DWR) treatment.
Soft, warm and comfortable enough to live in, the High-E Series of mid layers are designed to withstand the beating of a true high alpine environment.
The Access Hoodie
The lightest and fastest member of the High-E™ family. Surface Hardened Thermal Wool construction protects against abrasion from backpack straps, beacon harnesses and anything else Mother Nature throws your way.
– Burly Surface Hardened Thermal Wool construction
– Temperature regulating, 21.5-micron wool prevents overheating and odor buildup
– Air permeable side panels and 3/4 zip enhance breathability
– DWR coating for superior water-repellency
– Zippered chest pocket for stashing smaller items
– Monkey paws protect hands for use while skinning or back at camp
– MSRP $179
The High-E Hoodie
This “go-to” mid layer pushes the boundaries of technical wool for out-of-bounds travel whether worn alone or under a shell. Versatile mid-weight, water repellent hoodie constructed with burly Surface Hardened precision blended wool.
– Durable Surface Hardened Thermal Wool construction
– 21.5-micron wool made uniquely tough via performance fibers and DWR coating
– Two sided entry zippered kangaroo pocket provides added warmth for hands
– Louvered thumb loops keep hands toasty, yet stay closed when not in use
– Additional zippered, easy access chest pocket
– MSRP $199
The Drift Jacket
The warmest rendition of the High-E Series. Built for severe weather and harsh alpine environments. Surface Hardened Precision Blended Wool stands up to sharp edges, rocks and other alpine cheese graters.
– Surface Hardened Thermal Wool construction for greater durability
– 21.5-micron wool with DWR repels moisture
– Chest pocket, plus separate hand pockets for a versatile mid or outer layer
– MSRP $219
Look for VOORMI products at local outdoor and specialty snow retailers this fall, or online at VOORMI.com. Learn more about VOORMI’s Surface Hardened™ Thermal Wool technology here.
Headquartered in Southwest Colorado, VOORMI’s primary mission is to simplify and streamline performance apparel and outerwear for backcountry travel. VOORMI presents precision blends of domestically sourced fine-micron wool, used in strategic combination with high performance synthetic fibers to push the boundaries of technical clothing and wool fabrics. Made here in the United States, the Fall 2013 VOORMI product collection features distinctive base and mid-layers engineered to meet the demands of High-Elevation mountain pursuits and backcountry adventure. Please visit VOORMI.com for more information.